Jagat Taran Girls’ Degree College was founded in 1975 as an associated college of university of Allahabad and now it has been declared as constituent college when the University achieved CENTRAL STATUS on 14th July, 2005. The collage is run by Jagat Taran Education society which comprise of social thinker and philanthropist.
The college had been accredited with ‘A’ grade at CGPA of 3.19 by NACC (II Cycle) On November 30, 2011. It has been selected by UGC as a college with Potential for Excellence in 2010 & again selected for CPE (phase-II) w.e.f. F.Y.2014-15.
Very centrally located near Anand Bhawan, the well known residence of the Nehru family, Jagat Taran Girls’ Degree College is easily accessible by local means of transport. It has a spacious campus and infrastructure with all the modern facilities.
Presently the College has Arts and Commerce faculties. The course of Bachelor of Arts is aided by the Government while B.Com. course is self financed. In the session of 2019-20, the number of students studying in both the disciplines was 2336.
The College regularly organises National Seminars, Workshops, Special Lectures etc for updating knowledge of faculty members and for the benefit of students. Currently College is running B.A., B.Com, M.A. and Ph.D. Courses.
- Quality Education comparable to global standards.
- Women empowerment through quality education
- Development of value oriented and competent human resource for society, and nation.
- Holistic development of the personality through co-curricular and extra curricular activities.
- Pro-active approach towards issues of local, national and global concerns.
- Quality enhancement of higher education through ICT in teaching, learning, research and governance.
- To inculcate values and instill virtues of responsible citizenship through co-curricular, extra curricular and extension activities.
- To organize activities for developing global perspective and universal brotherhood.
- To provide functional and vocational knowledge through skill oriented add-on courses/programmes
- To run Communicative/Spoken English and Computer Education Programme for all students.
- To introduce more Post-graduate and Ph.D. programmes of study by augmenting space and faculty strength.
- To organize Seminar/Workshops/Conferences/Special lectures on quality parameters of higher education and topics of multi disciplinary nature.
- Publication of research papers, journals, proceedings etc.
- To organize remedial coaching for poor students and special coaching to train students for competitive examinations.
- Women empowerment through awareness of human rights, legal literacy and self defence training.
- Expansion of education beyond brick and mortar through Distance learning and extension activities.
- To organize programmes/activities for the environmental awareness.